Professional Quality, Affordable Prices
Trusted by thousands of institutionsin over 100 countries
“I am a patent attorney and chemist who has become quite beholden to ChemDoodle, particularly the newest version (I've been around since Version 5 or 6, but this thing has gone from great for the price to amazing). Thank you and, indeed, great product!”
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
“What can I say, above and beyond!!!! ... we are actively recommending the product.”
CS Regulatory Ltd
“I think your program is superior to ChemDraw.”
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
“ChemDoodle has been a godsend this year.”
Holmdel High School
“Being a mac user I couldn't use chemsketch; found chemdoodle and love it, intuitive to use as well!”
University of Nottingham
“ChemDoodle is an amazingly affordable alternative to ChemDraw. For a fraction of the price, I can get the functionality I need to communicate with my colleagues.”
“ChemDoodle really is a lifesaver - no other chemical structure drawing program on the Mac comes even close...”
“Opened my ChemDraw files nicely; intuitive interface. Very smooth operation.”
“I loved the easy-to-use interface; it made drawing molecules and reactions quick and fun!”
California Polytechnic State University, SLO
“This is one of the best chemical drawing programs I have ever used. It is really easy to navigate and create structures. Much better than competitive programs and does not seem bloated and slow.”
Castech Laboratories LLC
“Chemdoodle is very user friendly. I liked the fact that I could draw chem equations easily and without much frustration. Great application.”
South Texas College
- “I really like the intuitive feel, not to mention all of the neat widgets, of this program! I've been on a hunt for new chemical drawing software ever since I left my last institution where we had a ChemDraw site license. I've only played around with this software for a couple of hours, but I can already tell that this program is well on its way to blowing all of the other contenders out of the water. Well done guys!”
“I've been teaching organic chemistry for 22 years, and have seen a lot of chemical drawing programs. This one is exceptional and I will be recommending this one to my students!”
Red Deer College
“The program is brilliant, very useful for showing NMR to my students.”
The Royal Latin School
“Chemdoodle is excellent, amazing and just unbelievably cheaper than Chemdraw ultra. It is very useful I really liked it and I am going to recommend it to everyone.”
University of Tasmania
“Thank you for giving us a great alternative to ChemDraw! I am using ChemDoodle exclusively now.”
“Many thanks for the quick response, and for a feature-rich piece of software that allows us at cash-strapped state schools to make the nice structures we remember from back when we had site licenses for chemdraw. ChemDoodle kicks butt, and I will spread the gospel to my colleagues!”
University of Missouri, Kansas City
- “Wow! ChemDoodle is such a fantastic chemical drawing software package. Easy to use and PACKED with features it is such a bargain compared to the alternatives. The interface is intuitive and the User Guide is easy to read (I especially enjoy it being a searchable pdf). I've recommended this software to colleagues and will continue to do so. The more features I learn how to use the more I like it! Superb job!”
“ChemDoodle is brilliant! w/ the search option, I can draw Taxol and predict its NMR in 30 secs.”
“I am impressed by the beautiful graphics of this software, and the outstanding operability.”
Tokyo University of Science
“I really love your software and so do my students. We also really like the iPhone app - use it a lot in the Organic Lab I teach.”
University of St. Thomas
“I would strongly recommend ChemDoodle. I find it better than ChemDraw or ISISDraw.”
“I am lost without ChemDoodle.”
University at Buffalo
“Just want to say this is a great alternative to Chemdraw.”
University of Leeds
“I love the program and the app. Goodbye ChemDraw...finally!”
“It is impressive. I love it. Many thanks.”
Coatesville VA Medical Center
“Thanks again for making this software available for Linux, you are doing a really good job and the Linux users really appreciate your effort.”
“The MolGrabber widget has already saved my life and the appearance styling features are outstanding for presentations... yeehaw :)”
“Beautiful program, congratulations!”
L'Université de Genève
“I just wanted to say thank you for your excellent customer service and responsiveness. If only all software companies operated this way!”
“ChemDoodle is really great. In fact, I don't miss anything I know from ChemDraw.”
“You really did a very good job with regard to v7. I would especially commend ChemDoodle 3D, which is georgeous, simple for use, great performance, well organized, smoothly working, with a lot features included. The overall picture is breathtaking.”
Lek Pharmaceuticals D.D.
- “My compliments on version 7. Much cleaner and the UI is more intuitive. This makes the features easy to navigate to, but they remain compartmentalized. The glassware drawings has always been a nice feature, and I am happy to see it has been expanded from the version 5 I used to have. I will give a presentation at my next department meeting, as the common mythology is that NOTHING is as good as ChemDraw. I believe this version will push the burden onto ChemDraw supporters to provide evidence as to what amazing feature it has that this package cannot go toe-to-toe with.”
“I started using ChemDraw back in 1990 or 1991 (on an original Macintosh), back when their price was reasonable, and I was beginning to despair of finding a reasonably priced alternative that was as easy to use. I am glad I found ChemDoodle!!”
Naval Academy Preparatory School
- “We like the look and feel to the software and are really happy that we ended up with ChemDoodle and not some other competitor to ChemDraw. The most important part for nearly all of us was, that within 3 minutes we were able to draw molecules the way we wanted them to be drawn! Also as I already told you, we tested a few things and nothing came close to ChemDoodle, as it exceeds ChemDraws capabilities in a lot of areas (Style-settings, responsiveness of the GUI, drawing options, customization).”
ChemDoodle 2D contains thousands of chemistry features, helping you produce the highest quality graphics and saving you hours of work.
- 2D Graphics
The best graphics in chemistry
- Pixel Perfect
- Fully Customizable
- 24 Bond Types
- Bond Stroke Merging
- Advanced Labels
- Full Unicode Support
- Atomic Notations
- Lewis Dot Structures
- Perspective Structures
- Stroke Styling
- TLC Plates
A powerful interface to quickly complete your work
- Intuitive Controls
- Measured Drawings
- Chemical Labels
- Condensed Labels
- Custom Element Color Sets
- Automatic Atom/Bond Tagging
- Auto-layout of Attributes
- Arbitrary Ring and Crown Ethers
- Carbon Nanotube Builders
- Structure Cleaning
- Database Lookup
- and so much more...
- IUPAC Naming
Industry leading IUPAC naming algorithms
Our algorithms name molecules naturally and accurately, down to the character and formatting. If you find any problems, simply contact us with the structure so we can correct it.
The entire history of the IUPAC nomenclature library is used in our development. The majority of the periodic table is handled.
Over 40 options for customizing how names are generated, or to switch between various IUPAC rules.
Display IUPAC names for your structures that automatically update as you draw them. You can even display IUPAC locants on your structures to help with descriptions.
Name to Structure
IUPAC names can be parsed into structure representations as well.
Chemical intelligence essential to every chemist
- Implicit Hydrogens
- Bond Detection
- Ring Perception
- Repeat Units
- 3D Coordinate Generation
- Elemental Analysis
- Chemical Warnings
- Elemental Database
- Periodic Table
- SciFinder Integration
Reaction tools make for fast graphics and immediate results
- Electron Pushing
- Reaction Definitions
- Synthesis and Retrosynthesis Tools
- Automatic Layout
Easily create figures with both structures and spectra
Read mass spectrometry (MS), nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR), infrared spectroscopy (IR) and other spectra from JCAMP-DX files. Multiple spectra are also recognized from the advanced JCAMP NTUPLES specification.
Completely edit the domain and range perspectives for your spectra. Include integration lines and grids. Format titles and then add annotations with shape tools.
Simulate both 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy as well as mass spectrum isotopic distributions. The NMR SignalSeek widget will also provide you with structure-spectrum correlations and further insight into the simulation. You can completely customize the settings for the simulations. Fine tune your analysis with the Multiplet Tool, which provides powerful functions for simulating and multiplet patterns.
Mass Fragmentation Tools
Use simple tools to quickly split bonds and calculate molecular masses for the fragments.
- Vector Art
Hand-drawn scientific vector art libraries are included
Hundreds of different, hand-drawn, glassware images and other laboratory art are included to create very complex laboratory setups. Find helpful graphics, including laboratory appliances and safety symbols. Liquid fill colors can be controlled. Use thick Bézier curves for tubing.
Full color and skillfully drawn vector graphics for illustrating cells, anatomy, animals, space and more.
The vector art is fully scalable, so each image can be resized or printed without any loss of resolution, leading to the most professional diagrams.
Maximize your visibility with ChemDoodle's publishing features
- Style Sheets
- Chemical Files
- Line Notations
- Bitmap (Raster, Pixel) Images
- Scalable Vector Graphics
- Web Components
- Twitter Integration
Regardless of what technologies you need, ChemDoodle is there
- Operating Systems
- High DPI Support
- Word Processors
- Round-trip Editing
- Quicklook Plugin
- Search for Structures
- Mobile Devices
- 3rd Party Integration
- Continuously Developed
- Thorough Documentation
Try ChemDoodle 2D before you buy
A free trial for ChemDoodle 2D lasts for 14 days with some features restricted. The trial is not an obligation and we require no identifying or financial information to start a trial. After 14 days, the trial will no longer open. Our free trials are only for evaluation purposes and any output from the trial will contain a watermark and is copyright of iChemLabs.
To start your trial, simply download ChemDoodle 2D for your operating system below, install and open it. Then accept the EULA. The next page will ask for a license code, instead click the Free Trial button to begin.
- Windows Vista/7/8/10+, macOS 10.11+ (El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina or more recent), or Linux.
- A 64 bit system is required (all modern systems are 64 bit).
- A minimum of 1GB of memory.